We’re excited to announce today the launch of our latest mobile travel apps, guides to Mount Rainier National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Haleakala National Park, popular tourist destinations known for their unique ecosystems, endangered species, and volcanic features. The three new apps by Chimani are available for free, immediate download on the iOS App Store, Google Play, and Amazon AppStore.
These latest apps by Chimani provide users with the ultimate mobile tool for planning a trip to either of Hawaii’s national parks as well as one of the Pacific Northwests most iconic destinations and enjoying the various attractions in and around the parks. The three new apps join an existing suite of more than 25 free National Park apps offered by the Portland, Maine based company.
“We’re extremely excited to launch the Mount Rainier, Hawaii Volcanoes and Haleakala National Park apps during National Park Week,” said Kerry Gallivan, Chimani’s CEO and Co-Founder. “In this, the centennial year of our National Park Service, visitation to our national parks is expected to reach an all-time high, and our line of national park apps will be there to guide visitors, without the need of a cell connection.”
The Mount Rainier National Park app, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park app and Haleakala National Park app by Chimani boast rich, detailed information on these unique environments that are home to two of the world’s most active volcanoes, one not-so-active volcano, as well as a sub-tropical rainforest, including:
- expert-written details on more than 500 unique points of interest (POIs)
- professionally voiced audio-guided tour
- GPS-enabled maps that work without a cell/wifi connection and can be custom edited
- calendar of Ranger-led events
- sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
- photo gallery with 250+ park images
- descriptions of more than 70 hiking trails
- information on dining, lodging, restrooms, picnicking, in-park transportation, bicycling, and other in-park activities
- “Where Am I?” locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
“Seeing these three national parks in person creates the memory of a lifetime, and the Chimani national park apps not only guide you around the parks but also help you understand the rich cultural history and surreal geologic features of the Pacific Northwest and the Hawaiian Islands,” said Gallivan.