A Chimani Brand Ambassador is a part-time, seasonal Chimani team member responsible for building and sustaining distribution points for marketing materials, brand awareness, and business relationships to strengthen our new Park Perks program in a given geographic area. You will be the face of Chimani at various field marketing events, on the street, and at community events.
Contract Period: 3 months, with opportunity for extensions based on need and performance.
Positions available in:
Bar Harbor, ME (Acadia National Park)*Filled
- Flagstaff, AZ (Grand Canyon NP)
- Merced/Mariposa/Fresno, CA area (Yosemite National Park)
- Jackson, WY (Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks)
Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia, WA Area (Olympic & Mount Rainier National Parks)*Filled
- Moab, UT (Arches & Canyonlands National Parks)
- Estes Park, CO (Rocky Mountain NP)
Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree/Twentynine Palms, CA (Joshua Tree NP)– *Filled Big Bend, TX region (Big Bend NP)– *Filled Cleveland/Akron/Peninsula, OH (Cuyahoga Valley NP)– *Filled Southwest Utah (Zion & Bryce Canyon NP’s)– *Filled
- Las Vegas, NV (Southwest Parks)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee (Great Smoky Mountains NP)– *Filled
The position is important in building brand awareness for Chimani and its individual national park apps in local gateway markets and requires a candidate who is motivated, has knowledge of the area and outdoor industry, and is able to distribute marketing materials to businesses in national park gateway communities and attend some local events. The job requires strong organization skills, experience with spreadsheets and basic mobile technology, great people skills, and ability to spend one full 16-32 hours each month traveling to, and establishing, marketing material distribution points in the area surrounding the national park. The ambassador will also be tasked with identifying “good fit” businesses to join our Park Perks program.
In April, Chimani is launching Park Perks, the first discount membership program for national park travelers. Similar to AAA, the Park Perks will give our members deals at lodging, dining, and activity businesses in and around the national parks. It is free for businesses to be listed in the app when they honor a discount for our members. Ambassadors will help us identify businesses that would be a good fit, and invite them to join the program. You will be compensated $25/ per business sign up, up to 20 businesses, in addition to your $15/hourly pay.
Brand Ambassador will spend one 8-hour day each week distributing free download cards for the Chimani app related to the local national park. This includes establishing distribution points at area businesses, demoing the app to market influencers and users, refilling distribution points, and attending community and park events. This position is seasonal, the specific timeframe will be discussed during the hire.
Specific functions and responsibilities:
- Receiving shipments of Chimani app download cards and display holders from Chimani Marketing Department;
- Going door-to-door to identify shops, businesses, and organizations to be distribution points for the free app download cards;
- Introducing yourself and the Chimani brand to business and request approval to place download cards in strategic, high-traffic location;
- Express the significance of the free app, and point out key features to market influencers to increase community awareness and word of mouth marketing;
- Identify and invite businesses to join the Park Perks program;
- Distribution of Chimani window decals, stickers, and other gear;
- Log all successful encounters in Google Drive spreadsheet;
- Monitor and refill download card holders as needed;
- Represent Chimani at relevant park and/or community events;
- Bring energy, creativity, and hustle to each encounter and community event.
Job success for a brand ambassador includes working with key businesses, organizations, events, and other touch points in the community to grow the Chimani brand in the local markets as well as increase individual national park app downloads.
Other responsibilities are installing marketing materials and ensuring that materials are placed strategically in businesses and high-traffic points in the territory.
Chimani Brand Ambassadors must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be responsible, high energy, outgoing and reliable
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have knowledge of the area, gateway communities, and the national park
- Have basic knowledge of mobile apps and GPS maps
- Have the ability to travel door-to-door to businesses in gateway communities for 8 hours/day, one day per week, for specified season.
Desired knowledge and skills:
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Deep rooted understanding of the relevant market and surrounding area
- Strong team player but also possessing the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skill set
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to engage a crowd and naturally outgoing personality
When applying, please include the following:
- Your Instagram or twitter @handle so we can get to know you better.
- 3 reasons you will make a great brand ambassador
EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org